Dyah Paramita, SH, LL.M
Consultant; Researcher at the Center for Regulation, Policy and Governance (CRPG)
Mita obtained his LL.M from the Centre for Energy, Petroleum, Mineral Law and Policy, University of Dundee, UK (2009) with a Dissertation titled: Access to environmental information towards good governance in mining: A case study from Indonesia through the British Chevening Scholarship Award. She obtained her bachelor degree in Law from Universitas Diponegoro.
Mita has a wealth of experience in the environmental sector. Previously, she worked as researcher the Indonesian Center for Environmental Law (ICEL). She was the program coordinator for Strengthening the Right to Information for People an Environment (STRIPE) 2010-2012; program coordinator for promoting the transparency of oil and gas draft law (2011-2012), researcher for mercury management in Indonesia (2012), researcher for the oil and gas Abandonment and Site Restoration (ASR) liability in Indonesia (2010), program coordinator for the research on post mining closure policy, consultant for the legal drafting of the National Information Commission (2010), reviewer for Model Mining Development Agreement (MMDA Project for the International Bar Association — Mining Law Committee), 2010; Team Member at the national secretariat to combat illegal logging and illegal log distribution in Indonesia in cooperation with the Office of Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal and Security Affairs (2007). Mita was on the public defender team for the Buyat Bay Pollution Case (2007), where she was involved in the drafting the lawsuit, providing necessary documents, collected ebvidence and presented the case in Court.
- Lead Author of a report entitled Kajian Tata Kelola Merkuri di Indonesia Pada Sektor Lingkungan, Kesehatan, Minyak dan Gas Bumi serta Pertambangan (2012)
- Lead Author of a report entitled Potret Reklamasi dan Pasca Tambang di Indonesia (2010) with Yulia Fatma Asri.
- Co-writer of a report entitled “Tanggung Jawab Penutupan Tambang (Abandonment and Site Restoration/ASR) pada Industri Ekstraktif Migas di Indonesia: Studi PSC Bengara II, PSC Yapen, PSC Cepu (2010). Available at: http://en.calameo.com/read/00041026149d1c8627467
- Co-author of policy paper entitled “Aspek Transparansi dan Partisipasi Publik dalam Revisi Undang-Undang Migas”.
- Co-author of a book entitled Frequently Ask Question on Public Information Services Standard (National Information Commission Regulation No. 1/2010). Published by ICEL, Jakarta. Available at:
- Editor of a book entitled Opening Access, Bridging the Gap (description of access to information, participation, and justice in Indonesia). Published by ICEL, Jakarta, 2006.
- Co-researcher of a report entitled Electricity Governance Initiative Case of Indonesia. Published by World Resources Institute 2006.
- Co-researcher of a paper entitled Human Rights Principles Implementation in Indonesian Environmental Laws (analyzing 10 laws which relate to the environmental management). Published by Indonesian Commission of Human Right, Jakarta July 2005
- Co-author of a book entitled Buyat Bay is Polluted and Risky for the Health. Published by Indonesian Mining Advocacy Network (Jatam) 2004
- Author of an article entitled Waiting for Justice in Buyat Bay. Published in Environmental Enforcement Law Training Alumni Bulletin, Vol 2#1, April 2004
- Author of an article entitled The Merged of BAPEDAL (Indonesian Environmental Impact Management Agency). Published in Environmental Monitoring Newsletter 2003 Envix-Japan